Cornerback Jason McCourty was cleared for contact on Wednesday, the final hurdle to him being able to return and play from the broken forearm he suffered four weeks ago.
McCourty broke his right forearm against the New York Giants shortly after making his first career interception.
He underwent surgery to repair the injury and returned to practice last week, though without any contact.
Now that he has been cleared for contact, perhaps being back and able to play isn't too far away.
“I'm looking forward to it. It's been a few weeks now, and I'm definitely tired of sitting on the sidelines. To be out there in uniform and have contact and be a part of the team again is big,” McCourty said.
McCourty had won the starting right cornerback job in training camp, but since his injury, rookie Alterraun Verner has had two interceptions and a fumble recovery playing in his place.
Titans coach Jeff Fisher confirmed that McCourty has been cleared for contact, but said no decision has been made yet on if he will return to the lineup.
“He's been cleared for contact, but that doesn't mean we've made a decision. He's still got a plate in his arm and he's just two weeks off of surgery,” Fisher said.
McCourty, too, is taking a cautious approach, despite his eagerness to return.
“I just found out today, so I'm not sure what the plan is yet. I've just got to continue to prepare and get even more healthy,” McCourty said. “The arm is coming along good. It's not causing me any pain thus far. I just look forward to getting out there and trying to do more.”