In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 28
Online now 25 Record: 2243 (5/5/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
247Sports: Your team all the time.
Very few.If Munch is going to change the direction of this team, he has to bring in tough,character guys who love the game and don't necessarily care as much about the money.We need to start to pay players who preform and put up numbers,as opposed to paying guys and hoping they reach their potential.I would tender velasco and franchise Cook. Bironas seemed to struggle at pinning kick offs. I'm not overpaying.If Cook or Britt don't take to tough coaching,i would look to move them.Trade Cook and cut/trade Britt.At some point the wrong attitude becomes a distraction. They both potentially have the look like Tarzan,but play like Jane syndrome. Potential for 4th year guys gets coaches fired.
Below is a link to the Titan FA:
The following list is what I would do.
1. Rob Bironas - 3 yr deal, but after that I would be looking elsewhere. He's too valuable to lose just yet.
2. Fernando Velasco - 3 yr deal. He played decently towards the end of the yr and however much we NEED to replace all 3 interior linemen, re-signing him will give us a decent C for the next 2-3 yrs as we find his replacement. Not to mention that he would likely play even better next to a really nice FA veteran G and a top 3-round draft pick......both of whom I would pick up.
3. Jared Cook - Here's the squeeze. I would want to sign him to a 3 yr deal, b/c he's inconsistent........but he's going to demand a 4-5 yr deal and way more money than I would want to pay. This is the perfect franchise tag senario. I would lock him up for 1 yr, let him prove that he deserves the fat contract.....while behind the scenes continue to farm Thompson up and perhaps you look at some TE's in the draft this yr and next. The worst thing you can do is let Cook walk though.
4. Darius Reynaud - 3 yr deal as a back up RB and KR.
5. Senderrick Marks - I would offer a decent 3 yr deal, but if he asks for money I certainly wouldn't overpay. Marks is a player that you can replace fairly easily with a nice 1 yr deal/veteran.
-There are a few that I wouldn't mind coming back at a nice price. Ringer and Mouton. But there is a big chance that almost everyone is gone.
I agree on Bironas, Velasco and Cook. Someone will overpay for Marks, so someone like Canty would be a good backup plan. I'd like to see what Mariani has left when it comes to Reynaud.
Does anyone know if we're trying to resign any of our free agents right now? I haven’t heard anything lately.
Have to wait til March 12th to re-sign guys. The earliest re-signing last year came on 3/16/12
This post was edited by JCBRAVE 14 months ago
Wyatt is saying in a tennessean article that S. Marks should be a high priority for the Titans.I know the media loves him,but with M. Martin waiting in the wings and having pretty good numbers, there is no way I would overpay to keep the "underrated" Marks.Da john harris is also waiting to show what he has.
I've heard several media types saying that Marks should be a priority, but to me it's not that Marks should be a priority but rather we should be sure to sign somebody with Marks skill set......whether it's Marks or not. Marks isn't great in any aspect of his game, but he's not a liability either. What he does do is bring depth and run stuffing ability to the corps. That's why we brought in Canty for a talk. Similar skill sets. Canty, Marks, someone else? Doesn't really matter as long as we maintain the skill sets in the DT corps.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports