In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 855
On this Board 93Record: 719 (1/2/2013)
Online now 981Record: 2243 (5/5/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
Britt-wr ,Verner-cb ,otto-ot, velasco c-g,not including 1 yr free agent signings. Without extensions these guys could leave next year.CJ, Mccourty,Wimbley,Roos,Stewart all with bigger cap numbers next year. How this effects this years draft is yet to come.
My plan of action: (Of course, I have no idea how the numbers would shake out.)
1. If Britt gets in trouble again, he's gone. If he remains clean, but has a "ok" yr then I offer a lower contract. If he remains clean, but has a "really good" yr then I offer a "decent" contract. He's not proven to be worth a large contract.
2. ATV - I try to resign. Ideally we get a good CB this draft that turns out to play well. That way we have leverage to negotiate with ATV......and it makes the hit softer should we have to let him go. If the rookie looks good, then I very well may let him go and put the money into Court's extension. Then hit the draft again.
3. Otto - I would let go.
4. Velasco - it all depends on how he plays this yr. Could go any which way.
5. CJ - I don't know, we'll see. Lots of factors here. Does Locker develop? Can we afford him? How well does he play?
6. Court - I would try to extend early. Especially if you lose ATV.
7. Wimbley - I would offer a good 3 yr deal, and then probably not renew after that. Though, I'm not going to overpay. Ideally we'll have a rookie or a 2nd yr player that is able to take over.
8. Roos - I'd extend, but let Stewart go.
9. Stewart - Probably gone. It would be insulting if we offered what we could afford. I think he'll be let go to open up cap space.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports