In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
247Sports: Your team all the time.
I love it, I believe they stuck to their board and went BPA so ill give them an A.
B+ I think we should have got a DE higher in the draft and could have got Zavier Gooden later on in the draft. If we could sign Darick Rogers that would bring this draft class up to an A. Really like the Stafford pick out of Nebraska I think he can atleast contribute on Special Teams next year.
This post was edited by eagle2565 on 4/27/2013 at 6:50 PM
I'm going with a solid B.
PapaTitan keeps it real.
I agree with Eagle. "B+" to an "A-" sounds about right.
1 - Chance Warmack - A+ - anytime you get to draft a player that fills a need and is "this" likely to become a pro-bowler frequently for over a decade it is a homerun.......regardless of position.
2. Justin Hunter - B+ - I like Justin Hunter and don't find a problem with taking a good WR prospect in the 2nd......it was the way that it happened which raised an eyebrow. Picture this. When the 2nd rd began, this was the landscape. Very few QB's, DE's, or WR's were drafted in the 1st.....so it was very likely that a guy like Justin Hunter or Tank Carradine was going to fall to pick #40. And if either didn't make it then that means that some other really good prospect would've been there. So why go up to get him? About losing some picks for Hunter: the loss comes from losing a 3rd rd pick next yr......if Hunter becomes a decent 2nd or 3rd receiving option for 4-5 yrs then he'll more than likely make up for the pick lost.......with Hunter's skill set, that's not setting the bar very high. He is a top talent with massive potential. In the end it's a good pick.
3. Blidi Wreh-Wilson - B- - Just a solid pick. He will fit a very important need for the team in the form of a nickel press corner that can stunt the inside routes of WR's and TE's. This is a very underrated role that we didn't have last yr.
3. Zaviar Gooden - C - We needed depth and his athletic ability is very pleasing. We could've picked up a decent pass rush DE here though.
4. Brian Schwenke - B+ - Great pick. Most analysts say that he can become a solid starting center or guard in a yr or two......or at very least a solid backup.
5. Lavar Edwards - B+ - Had to look him up and the more I read about him the more I like him. High character, high motor, and crazy athleticism. Not the best against the run, but that's not the point of drafting him. He could become a very effective situational pass rusher for us for yrs to come.
6. Khalid Wooten - C+ - Seems like a good athlete with decent potential. I don't know much about him.
7. Daimion Stafford - ? - not much credible info out there that I have found yet.
Warmack a no brainer.Hunter gives insurance for Britt and gets time to develop into a #1.Pittsburgh gave up a #3 next year to get a 4th round pick this year.I felt better about the Hunter pick after i saw that.Wilson just fits what we needed.I love the Schwenke pick.We needed a guy to plug and LEAVE at center so he and Jake can develop chemistry.Gooden gives us another LB who is a converted safety who can cover tight ends.Most draft experts didn't like Zach brown either at the time.I was nervous until Edwards fell in our laps in the 5th he could be a real steal in a year or two.I guess most saw okafor as a 3-4 guy for some reason.I give a b-plus.If we cut a few few players and sign a guy like Freeny for a year it would be awesome.
I'm going with a B-. I'm particularly excited about Wreh-Wilson and Edwards.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports